Friday, May 11, 2012

Our week at a glance: PART 2

Here are photos from Thursday.  I told you we had a busy week.

I finished reading through Acts and Ecclesiastes this week.  I feel Ecclesiastes really is applicable in our stage of life right now.

So I promised you pictures of the tree nursery project and here they are!  There are 1,064 bags in total.  I'm so excited for the end result.

Thursday we visited El Alto and did some light weeding so the weeds don't hurt the seed.

There were a lot of bags to weed through.

Ready to be Caoba trees

The one's we planted most recently are on the left and the one's that have been growing for a while are on the right.  Soon our seeds will look like baby trees!

Brennan climbing trees in order to pick me some mamones.

We came out to work in the tree nursery, but somehow I ended up putting relaxer in Rudith's hair.  The instructions were only in English so she needed some help so good thing we showed up.  She had more hair on her head then I've ever seen on any woman.  It only took me an hour:)  This was the first time I met her and yes my first time every using relaxer.  I sure hope it turns out okay!  

Rudith then guided us to a near by waterfall.  It's supposedly really clean once the rain comes and people swim in it all the time.  I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

These mamones (don't know the English word for them) have to be one of my new favorite fruits.

The mamon reminds me a lot of lychee.  It has a soft sweet pulp that you eat and a large yellow seed in the middle.  Great for an afternoon snack.

Little Nelson is like our shadow these days.  He's somehow always right behind you when you least expect it.  

On a side note Brennan found out the hard way that he had an allergic reaction to cement.  After working the day away with Francisco laying down a cement floor on Monday he discovered a really itchy red spot on his arm and red bumps and blisters on his face.  It's called cement burn and it's definitely not comfortable. The rashes seem to be spreading, but he just visited the clinic in Santiago today so hopefully the antibiotics will help.  We'll keep you posted.  


More photos of our week to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lace and Brennan,

    Kent and I really enjoy your week at a glance. Love seeing all you are learning and look forward to having you teach us when you return to the States.
    Luv, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete