Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our week at a glance: PART 1

We've had a lot going on this week so in order not to overwhelm you with a million pictures in one blog post I'll spread them out over a couple posts.  Here is our week at a glance starting from Sunday through Tuesday.

You may not be able to tell but this car is packed with 19 passengers for a 15 passenger van.  Brennan and I were squeezed into the back seats between two men.  Let's just say it was a cramped and sweaty hour and fifteen minutes back to Calobre.

Can't get enough of the mangos.  Plus it's kind of fun peeling them with a knife.

Sunday soccer game.  Not completely impressed, but still fun to watch.

Thanks to my wonderful mother I can now enjoy my chai tea every morning.  She's the best.

Baby Liz is always so content, especially with her abuela.

Or with her hermano

She's a chunk and we love her.

Playing dominoes our new favorite game with Francisco.

Somehow Francisco always wins.

Monday morning woke up at 4 am to bake some bread with Zoila.  Francisco made me a makeshift apron. Yes that's a jump rope holding it all together.

Completed the bread and satisfied with a job well done.

Tuesday Brennan had a meeting in Santiago with MEDUCA so we grabbed some of our favorite food for lunch.  Brennan of course went for the piled high plate of rice, beans, salad, and chicken at Tropicalismo.

I on the other hand opted for some Philly salmon sushi rolls from Cheesecake +.  Can that place get any better, they serve two of my favorite things cheesecake and sushi in the same place.  It just warms my heart.


3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE seeing photos of what you guys are up to!! And oh goodness, your mom IS wonderful. How have you been surviving without Oregon Chai?! Also, I had a mango yesterday, and used Brennan's awesome tips to cut it. You guys rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my third time writing this. Not sure why the comments get posted and sometimes not. Your pictures belong in Bon Appetite! Delicious! We just had a fantastic evening with Jim and Julie. We took them to Sorhia's and had a fantastic meal and conversation. The common theme is how we miss you two and how the blog has joined our hearts to yours.

    ReplyDelete