Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Santa Fe

This Sunday we were invited to Santa Fe with a family we met a couple weeks back.  They live in Panama City, but have family in Calobre so they visit our town every now and then.  We really enjoyed the trip especially checking out the craft market and eating at this great burger joint run by a Texan.  Let's just say it was real American food that has been truly missed in the land of rice and beans.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share with you all due to the fact I was nauseous about 85% of the trip. Yes it's true  I had to have the car pulled over three times to make a dash for the side of the road .  Can you say embarrassing!  This family I just recently met was now watching me in not my most attractive moment.  By the end of the day I actually threw up 5 times.  At first I thought it was the dads driving (he just bought a new car and was testing out the breaks a lot!), which I only place partial fault, but I think I also had a bug seeing that I was still feeling crappy the next morning.  Car sickness definitely doesn't last that long.  All in all our first trip to Santa Fe was interesting, but I'm greatly looking forward to a second experience, where I can actually hold down the amazing food that I eat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I'm glad you got to visit Santa Fe eat a burger (!)... but so sad you were sick for the whole trip! NO FUN at all. Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete