Thursday, April 19, 2012

Los Extranjeros



This week at school was a little out of the norm for Brennan and I. A group of students on their Spring break mission trip ended up in our little town of Calobre. All of the students are Juniors at a Christian school in Pennsylvania and were connected by the Wesleyan church here in Calobre. What a coincidence! They spent Monday through Thursday with us in the primary school teaching English lessons and the afternoons running a VBS program for the kids in town. Brennan and I were pretty much the go between people if there was any breakdown in communication during class. I was asked by multiple students if I was related to any of the extranjeros (outsiders) and which one was my sister. Then I proceeded to explain that just because we are both white it doesn't mean we are related. I don't know if they actually believed me. Overall it was a fun week of school being able to see the kids enjoy the activities the group planned and getting to interact with other North Americans/family members.

 





                                                                          Enjoying the park for English class

No comments:

Post a Comment